I hate to be a corporate shill, but the amount of things Gmail offers you (ugh for free!!!) it is hard to not give a whole-hearted endorsement to Google. The tools they give you can easily help you to run and manage your band easily and efficiently. Let’s count the ways signing up with Google over any other service will make your life so much easier.
- Gmail – Undoubtedly one of the best email services and their junk filter is one of the best if not the best in the business. They offer you tons of storage so if you are sending your songs to you or others there is plenty of room to store them.
- Google Calendar – One of the best shared calendars so that everyone in your band can see what is on the calendar so no one misses band practice or a show. You can also use it to make sure you don’t book anything on the holidays.
- Google Alerts – These are one of the best ways to find out what people are saying about you around the Internet. They can also help find people who like your band and are willing to write about it so you can get them more news.
- Google Reader – The best RSS reader in the business.
- Google Profiles – Help your SEO and make it so someone googling your band will immediately find out how to get in touch with you and all your websites.
- Google Docs- One of the best ways to collaborate on Bios’ letters, lyrics etc. for your band. You can also use their spreadsheets to enter in expenses for your band.