- Unlimited audio tracks and buses
- Non-destructive, non-linear editing with unlimited undo
- Anything-to-anywhere signal routing
- Unlimited pre- and post-fader plugins
- 32 bit floating point audio path
- Automatic track delay compensation
- Sample accurate automation
- Standard file formats (BWF, WAV, WAV64, AIFF, CAF & more …)
- Full AudioUnit plugin support on OS X
- More than 200 LADSPA & LV2 plugins freely available
- Support for Windows VST plugins available
So why should you support Ardour if you already have a great DAW? What makes Ardour a great cause to support is if it begins to get popular, the DAW you use will have to start paying attention to what it’s users want. Many people complain of Pro Tools “pyramid scheme” that tries to get everyone to buy a HD system. If Ardour is to become a full developed piece of software that is competing with the majors, all the other software companies will be forced to make more competitive features. What will this mean? No more track limited in PT LE, Logic Express being more full featured, all of the major companies listening to their users and possibly opening their software to user developments.
So how do you support Ardour? The software is available through donation, you pay simply by what it is worth to you. You can make a donation and put it on a computer where you don’t have a DAW and use it for ideas. Recommend it to a friend who is using GarageBand as a way to step up their game. Give it as a gift to a musician you are friends with who isn’t doing computer demos. You can even donate to support the open source movement. No matter what DAW you use it will help our community.