- Musformation, FanBridge, ReverbNation and MusicGlue all offer way to trade free songs for an email list.
- TweetForATrack not only will have fans Tweet out a message about downloading a track from you, but will also capture an email address from your fans.
- Stores like Nimbit and Bandcamp will capture your customers email addresses for you.
- Make a email list sign up form available on your website and your Myspace. FanBridge and ReverbNation both have fantastic widgets to do this with.
- Offer giveaways only to mailing list members, like guest list passes etc. Announce them on Facebook and Twitter so your fans hear about them and sign up for the mailing list.
- Take credit card payments at shows through services like Square, which will capture your fans email addresses.
- Get a Netbook with a email list signup and give away something like a sticker, button or patch to anyone who signs up for your email list at every show you play.