If you have an iPhone or look at social networks you have seen links to the iOS only (for now) picture sharing social network know as Instagram. The service allows you to import all of your friends on Facebook, Twitter and your contact list that also have the App. Your fans also have the ability to follow you if they see a picture you posted to Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr. You may be asking yourself what good does it do to have your fans follow you on a social network where you only post pictures? You’d be surprised, here are just a few ways you can promote your group on Instagram:
1. Post pictures of your latest album or press you have gotten so your fans know to go check it out.
2. Instagram has geo-tagging built in so that you can tag yourself at soundcheck at the venue you are playing that evening to remind your fans you have a show that night.
3. You can show behind the scenes glimpses, and bond with fans in the comments section of your photos.
4. If you are able to take particularly amazing photos and have lots of fans, you have a chance of getting on the featured page which can get you added promotion. Photos with the most likes go to a page entitled “Popular” where the whole world can see your name and you can get some serious branding and recognition for your bad-ass photo.
5. It’s FUN! Instagram has tons of cool photos and they really look great. Many of the filters make the iPhone camera usable for taking great photos you can use for a wide variety of sources.
- Mashable On Using Instagram To Promote Your Music
- Some Tips On Spreading Your Music On Tumblr
- Using Last.FM To Promote Your Music
- The Musician’s Guide To Twitter: Getting You/Your Band On Twitter (And Why You Need To Do It Right Now)Part 1
- The Musician’s Guide To Twitter: Advanced Twitter Techniques(Getting Your Music On Twitter)Part 3