TuneCore Launches HUGE New Service – Songwriter Publishing Administration Service

In a huge move TuneCore has brought itself into the publishing industry by launching the Songwriter Publishing Administration Service. It pits itself directly against newcomer SongTrust and seems like they both are a breath of fresh air for the publishing industry.

According to their press release these are the details:

1. Register songwriter’s songs with organizations that use and track their copyrights so they know they exist, what songs are theirs and what money belongs to them.
2. Issue any licenses needed and handle any requests for the use of a songwriter’s songs in TV shows, movies, commercials and other media, and negotiate any licenses with TuneCore’s in-house Film & Visual Media department to get them the best possible terms.
3. Represent the songwriter and aggressively pursue all of their songwriting earnings.
4. Get songwriter’s existing “found” money back before it is given to someone else.
5. Police the world on the songwriter’s behalf to find illegal usage or copyright violation and make it stop and/or get the songwriter paid.

Pricing looks to be a one-time payment of $49.99 for global registration plus 10% of the money TuneCore collects, the remaining 90% is distributed to the songwriter. They are claiming they can get 25% more in royalties for songwriters by eliminating frivolous services employed by other publishing administrators. Very exciting news. Get more info here.

Jesse Cannon is the editor of Musformation. He produces records at his studio Cannon Found Soundation. Follow him on Twitter at @JesseCannonMusF. For more info please visit his website.