This week we have been doing a lot of coverage about sites that do battle-of-the-bands style showdowns. Today we have another to add to the list Supernova.com, a site that is boasting quite a long list of features:
- An online music community that bring bands to the live stage.
- They produce over 250 Battle of the Bands and Headlined Showcases each year.
- Event creation and promotional Apps designed to increase band-fan interaction, and boost attendance
- Wildcard voting and music rating systems powered by industry, fans, and online metrics.
- Radio stations featuring Top 10 lists by genre and categories like: latest uploads, Supernova picks, etc.
The site boasts more than 125,000 members and is home to over 15,000 bands. What seems to separate them from sites like PickTheBand and TheBanded is they ad tools for promotion for bands and do not have a record deal prize sponsored by the label at the end. It seems like a great opportunity for those of you who are looking to get exposure in a competition environment. Check em out!