8.0 HD, LE, and M-Powered systems are now officially qualified with Mac
OS X 10.5.8, as well as the previously qualified Mac OS X 10.5.5,
10.5.6, and 10.5.7.
Pro Tools 8.0 — Mac OS X 10.5.5 or Higher Required
Pro Tools 8.0 software requires
Mac OS X 10.5.5, 10.5.6, 10.5.7, or 10.5.8, and is not compatible with
earlier versions of Leopard. If you have an earlier version of Leopard,
you will need to update your Mac OS using one of the following Combo Updates before installing Pro Tools 8.0:
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update
- Mac OS X 10.5.7 Combo Update
- Mac OS X 10.5.6 Combo Update
- Mac OS X 10.5.5 Combo Update
If you do not own Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), you will need to purchase Leopard from Apple or an authorized Apple distributor. Pro Tools 8 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or earlier versions of Mac OS X.
- Digidesign testing has shown no known differences
between 10.5.5, 10.5.6, 10.5.7, or 10.5.8; all are officially qualified
with Pro Tools HD, LE and M-Powered version 8.0.
- Downloading one of the “Combo Update” installers is the recommended method of updating your Mac OS.
- Updating your Mac OS using the built-in Software Update or smaller
incremental “Delta Update” downloads may not install all required
components, and is not recommended.
Additional Pro Tools 8.0 Compatibility Information:
- Pro Tools HD 8.0 for Mac OS X System Requirements
- Pro Tools LE 8.0 for Mac OS X System Requirements
- Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0 for Mac OS X System Requirements
For information on official Pro Tools qualification with specific Mac OS X and Windows OS versions, see the following pages:
And the main Compatibility & Upgrades page linked from the top of the forums and the Support section.