- Name Your Own Price tool.
- Bands get emails from supporters, unlike on Facebook.
- Older labels like Jade Tree, Deathwish, Polyvinyl taking advantage.
- The Last.fm of today?
- Free for all Prime subscribers at $99/year.
- Has 1,000,000 songs to start.
- No Universal Music Group artists like blink-182, Jay Z, New Found Glory, Lady Gaga.
- Web app is clunky, iOS app is useable.
- Serves Amazon, not the artist.
- An Amazon Smartphone may be coming.
One Year Or I’m Out
- Bands needing “one year” to see if they’ve gotten enough popularity to make it worth continuing on for.
- Geoff Rickly on Worst Gig Ever.
- Often the first year ends up just being needed groundwork.
- Fans must support those bands like Spraynard or Algernon before they’re gone.
- You Mosh, You Crowd Surf
You Get Hurt
We Get Sued
No More Warped Tour
- In relation to EDC and PSAs.
- What’s the end game?
- Only 20 percent of the 120-plus acts include at least one female.
- If you count the female population of the bands on an individual level, women make up only 6 percent of the tour.
- Kevin Lyman’s quotes hurt the point of the article itself.
- 6 women on Alternative Press cover in 3 years. 2 out of 5 times have been Hayley Williams.
- The business of Warped versus the business of a magazine, and their duties.