- The principle that Internet service providers and governments should treat all data on the Internet equally, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, site, platform, application, type of attached equipment, and modes of communication (via Wikipedia).
- John Oliver destroys the FCC.
- Cable companies attempting to create unequal playing field for internet speeds.
- Netflix: It uses a massive amount of data, so an ISP might throttle it’s service, like if you have an unlimited data plan, and use it for gbs a month and then throttle you. Netflix might be incentivized to pay Comcast for better streaming to their customers to keep relations high, but what about if Netflix was just starting today and didn’t have capital. They wouldn’t be able to pay for the “fast lane”
- The FCC wants to hear from you.
- There should only be on internet. Not fast, not slow, not anything in the middle. Just, one.
- Cable providers spend millions of dollars per year in lobbying. Small companies cannot lobby
- Music Freedom: T-Mobile will not count streaming services in Spotify, iTunes Radio, etc against data gaps. Sounds great, but it’s a slippery slope. Everything is not the same with this. Arbitrary free and fast and normal lanes.
- Lawrence Lessig’s MayDay PAC.
- Drew Millerd, Editor at Noisey.
- A man quits rapping because bloggers didn’t love him.
- What came first, the blogger or the egg?
- Bloggers don’t make people popular, people make people popular.
How royalties for small and big labels work. How royalties for reissues work.
- Reissues: in relation to Bad Timing Records and Acceptance.
- Royalties: 50/50 or PPD.
- Rise Records versus Run For Cover Records.
- Get More Fans: A 700 page, extensive guide with the resources and methods to promote your band. Detailing everything you need to know to get people to listen to your music and the art around it. Now with 20 more pages including a bonus chapter on the daily habits you can do to get fans for your music.
- Bad Timing Records: Check out Bad Timing for new Park and Knuckle Puck releases in addition to Acceptance, Valencia, and Mansions reissues.