There is good news for you! While TopSpin has some really amazing tools for this information, there is a way you can get to a lot of the relevant info that we listed above. Google Analytics is a piece of software that can tell you all of the information I listed above. This information can give you concrete information on what marketing is working for your band and many other things like these.
- Which ads your band has taken out are working to drive traffic to your site.
- Which cities people are buying your music in so you can properly route your tours.
- What parts of your site people are taking advantage of so you can build upon them. You can see if people are watching videos as opposed to looking at pictures etc.
- How many people are coming to your site and buying your music.
- Where people are coming from to get to your site. Is Twitter working to get you traffic? Is a certain record review working to get you lots of sales? You can use all of this info to decide how to keep marketing your music.
You can install Google Analytics on your website or even your Tumblr blog. It is as simple as pasting in a piece of code to all of your pages. To make things easy we have an amazing tutorial from Smashing Magazine on a lot of what you should know about Google Analytics. Read up on it and in the future we will show you how to use all of this information and apply it to your band!