It’s getting hot out finally (well at least in Brooklyn), we couldn’t be more happy about it too. Except when we walk into a band’s cramped not the least bit air-conditioned practice space. Thankfully we are here to help as always. Here are a few tips on how to keep your band practice cool so you want to actually stay in there and and practice.
- How To Buy An Air Conditioner – If you got the money at least spend it wisely. Read this article and you will know what’s up! Check Craigslist if you are are poor.
- If You Already Have One Change The Filter – If you think your air conditioning gets worse every year it is probably your poor skills at changing the filter.
- Get Free Air conditioning With A DIY Heat Exchanger – A bit crazy but it may work for you.
- Save Money And Stay Cooler with a Whole-House Fan – A awesome idea, but may be hell on your sound proofing,
- Hang A Damp Towel to Cool a Hot House – This is one idea that I had a roommate swear by and I think I only believed it worked, when I was so hot that I nearly passed out. You can give it a try. There is also 23 other ways to beat the heat here.
- Build A DIY Portable Air Conditioner – A little crazy but you may be crafty.
- Remember to keep the air moving. Ceiling fans are really easy to install (even I have done it)! Having fans moving air especially industrial strength ones really make a difference.