In the past two months, if there is anything music fans have discovered it is that Spotify is a place where a lot of rabid music fans are listening to music. If you abide by the idea that your goal in life is to get as many people to listen to your music as possible, than you should be making sure all of your catalog is on Spotify. Once your catalog is on Spotify you can start making a personality for yourself by creating playlists and having your fans follow you on there. While this may seem simple, Spotify only allows you to make an account if you have a Facebook account, which they don’t allow for bands. After the jump we will show you how to get around this pesky rule. (Find Part 1 here, which details how to link individual artist pages)
Here is how we create a Facebook Band profile:
1. Go to facebook.com and make a profile for your group. Whatever first and last name you use will be what shows up on Spotify in the friends List.
2. Next upload the pic you will want Spotify Users to see.
3. You will then receive an email confirming your account, after that go into your privacy settings. Once there click “Custom” You will then have the option to make your profile visible to “Only Me”, choose that option.
4. Next go to spotify.com to create an account and download Spotify.
5. If you are still logged into Facebook with your band account it will automatically link it to Spotify, otherwise click “Connect to Facebook”.
6. Create playlists of all of your music, what you have been listening to, your local scene, all the bands on your label or whatever else you can think of.
7. Link your page to be followed to your fans on your websites and anywhere else you can think of (more info on that here)!
8. You can link individual pages to listen to specific playlists, albums or just your own artist page. You can also link your band’s profile so your fans can see you in your friends list by click your name in the top corner of the Spotify App and then click profile. If you now right + click (on PC) or Control + Click on your name in the main browswer you can select the option to “Copy Spotify URL” you can then paste this anywhere on the web and allow anyone to follow you on the web!
Stay tuned for more fun ways to promote your music with Spotify.