YouTube’s viewership keeps growing and growing and you have to know that it is one of the most powerful music discovery and marketing channels out there. While it is obvious you should be using YouTube, but what type of video should you have on your channel?
- Lyric Videos – The lyric video is one of the best tools for marketing out there today. They can help increase sing-alongs at shows and give fans something to watch that takes very little effort for you to make. Adding behind the scenes photos and other rare videos can give your fans even more reason to watch them.
- Music Videos – Just like you used to see on MTV! Obviously a great video can go viral or just give your fans something to watch, while they listen. When done right these are still the ultimate marketing tool.
- Live Video – If you want people to come see you live, having an impressive taste of how good the experience will be can lead to more people coming out. The better quality, the more likely you are to have it shared and have a good turnout. This also means you better be playing well!
- Interview – Having a way for fans to watch and get to know your history, personality and little personality quirks can go a long way with your fans feeling like you are someone they want to tell the world about. Filming an interview, even if you don’t see the interviewer and just answer some frequently answered questions, this can be a great way for fans to get you to know.
- Single Frames – If you can’t make a music video, live video or lyric for your song, you should at least have a single frame video for every song you have released to the public. YouTube is the biggest music discovery medium out there. You should put up every song you have since it is another chance to get discovered and earn revenue if it becomes successful through YouTube’s revenue sharing system.